People have started playing twitter
The power behind twitter is reputation.
If you already have a big reputation in your niche, then getting a ton of people to follow you on twitter is not hard work at all..
And we know that the most responsive part of your audience is your followers.
Imagine having a 10,000 followers. That means
- Your tweets go directly on the twitter home pages of 10,000 people
- The mobile phone updates.
- The potential to directly nudge them
Whatever happens, a large proportion of your followers will know you have something to say
But what if you don't have a big online reputation
Well this is where the scam comes in.
Remember your profile name is the user name you register with
Well someone started following me on twitter using the mane of a big name Internet marketer but including an extra L in the name. And he even has his picture as his profile picture
Easy to overlook.
Why did I pick up on this. The big name marketer is already following me on Twitter.
Now you could argue that
- The big name marketer has a look alike, who has almost the same name, and is in the same niche. Stranger things have happened. Or have they?
- Or perhaps the big name marketer has maxed out his twitter account and is building another one. I suppose that's possible apart from the fact that he has been tweeting lately about scams and people leveraging on his name
- Or perhaps this is just the beginning of scammers moving in on the twitter platform