I decided to go with Odiogo simply because I liked the range of options and the feel of the service
Problem was the podcasts were rather short.
The point of adding audio was to get the ENTIRE blog post into audio format!!
So I contacted Odiogo and the long and short of it is THE PROBLEM IS SORTED
A heads up if you use blogger as your platform. Before you set up Odiogo, you must make sure that your feeds setting in you blog is on full feeds and not short.
To edit the URL feed,
- Log in to your blogger account
- Select the blog you want to put audio on
- Click on settings
- A new page will open up
- Navigate to the "site feed" tab and click on it
- The feeds setting page will load
- Change the setting under the allow blog feeds tab from short to full and click save
To add audio to your site
- Go to Odiogo.com
- Submit your blog's feed URL to Odiogo
- An Audio of all your blog posts will be created
- You will also be given the option of adding the Odiogo gadget to your blog
- Copy the code
- Go into your blogger account
- On the layout page, add the html code you copied as a gadget
- An email will be sent to you confirming your feeds have been generated and giving you the link to your control page
If you have already added Odiogo to your blogger blog before editing the feeds setting from short to full, No worries.
The Odiogo feed is updated a few times a day so the full version of your podcast will be available to your blog visitors before the day is done
Till next time