Some tips on generating blog content here
It is the words on your blog that leads to conversions.
Here are 10 top tips to help increase your readership
1. Unique, good quality content. You just have to make sure that what you post is accurate and of good quality. There just is no short cut to doing your diligent research before posting to your blog. Also make sure your posts are timely. Posting today about an event that happened 3 months ago and has gone cold, is not going to cut it. Be timely, engaging and informative.
2. Post regularly. There is just no excuse for allowing your blog to go stale. If possible, post everyday but if not at least once every two weeks. Yes I know there are affiliate marketing gurus that post maybe once a month to their blogs. But these are guys that have already established themselves. They can afford to keep us waiting for their next instalment because they know that when they post, We will come!!
3. The title of your post, and the keywords you optimize them for, are of fundamental importance. Keyword research is as important in blogging for profits as in traditional websites. I use this keyword tool. Get your keywords and make sure you apply some search engine optimization to each and every post
4.Do not neglect to use your RSS/Atom/XML feed. This allows your content to be syndicated to other sites, giving you greater reach. The blogger blogging platform allows you to do this easily.
5. Join a blogging community and interact with other bloggers. A great community is bumpzee.com
6.Participate in other people's blogs, especially those related to your niche. Leave useful comments on them and offer feedback where appropriate. Use the opportunity to increase visibility for your blog by adding a link to your blog in your posts on other people's blogs, if permitted. Now make sure that your comments are useful and informative. Some website owners abuse this opportunity and spam other peoples blogs. This is despicable and is strenously discouraged.
7. Include a link, preferable using your keyword as the anchor text, in your email and forum signatures. This is easy and free advertisement for your blog. Everytime you send an email or post a useful comment on a forum, your little advert for your new blog is also displayed. This helps increase traffic and could also improve your ranking in the search engines.
8. Submit your blog to a handful of high traffic blog directories. I don't use directory submission software for this. Rather I hand submit my blogs to the individual directories.
Also I cannot see the benefit of submiting my blog to 100 low PR low traffic directories. My time could be better spent elsewhere. Just pick the few directories that have been proved to yield traffic and stick to them.
9. Article Marketing and Bum marketing. My favorite method of free website promotion. Second only to search engine optimization. Write articles that are related to your blog's niche and of good quality. Submit these articles to article sites. Remember to add your signature, with link embedded, at the end of each article. Again you do not need to use 100 article sites. I suggest ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com
10. Use an update service or ping service to let readers know your blog has been updated. Ping your blog everytime you add a new post. I use pingomatic.com but there are loads of other good pinging services out there. The beautiful of pingomatic is it pings a lot of servers simultaneously.
The above tips should get you well on your way. It is important to recognize that you will not get a large number of loyal readers overnight. It takes time to build reputation.
Whatever you do, keep tweaking, learning and improving and you will soon see a large amount of loyal subscribers to your blog
Till next time